Covey-Odell Advertising, Ltd. launched in 2008 when Covey & Koons, Ltd. acquired Odell Advertising/Marketing.
The agency got a new name and a new starting point, but it also meshed a long history with two long-established, well-respected firms.
Covey & Koons was founded in 1967 by W. Roderic Covey and Richard P. Koons, who met while working in the advertising department of the Timken Company. Rod A. Covey, son of the founder, became president in 1999 and took the agency's helm in 2004.
Odell Advertising/Marketing was started in 1944 in Mansfield and moved to North Canton in 1972. Long-term Odell employee Dave Llewellyn served as president and CEO from 1998-2008 and currently serves as consultant to the combined agency.
Today Covey-Odell Advertising serves a wide range of local, regional and national clients with advertising, marketing, public relations and Web services. It employs a seasoned staff of artists, writers and account-service personnel at its 4,000 square foot office building at 330 Schneider St. S.E. in North Canton.
The agency also is noted for community involvement, having helped dozens of public-service organizations through the years.